- Ph.D., in Geophysics, 1998,
California Institute of Technology, CA
- M.S., in Geophysics, 1991,
Institute of Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
- B.S., in Geophysics, 1988,
University of Science & Technology of China, Hefei, China
- 2000 - present, Faculty member,
Department of Geosciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- 1998 - 2000, Carnegie Fellow,
Department of Terrestrial Magnetism,
Carnegie Institution of Washington
- 1993 - 1998, Research Assistant,
Seismological Laboratory, California Institute of
- 1988 - 1993,
Institute of Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Awards and Honors:
- James B. Macelwane medal, American Geophysical Union, 2003
- Fellow, American Geophysical Union, 2003
- New Investigator Program Award, NASA, 2004
- Professional Services:
- Working Group for China Seismological Reference Models, National Natural Science Foundation of China (team leader), 2016-.
- Geophysics Advisory Panel, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011-2014.
- Committee on "Grand Challenges on Earthquake Hazard Mitigation in China" (report lead author), Chinese Academy of Sciences, China Earthquake Administration, and National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2010-2011.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009-2015.
- Lehmann Medal Committee, American Geophysical Union, 2010-2014.
- Macelwane Medal Committee, American Geophysical Union, 2008-2010.
- Standing Committee of the Global Seismic Network, the Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (IRIS), 2003-2006.
- National Research Council Review Committee on NASA's Earth Science 25-year vision, 2004.
- Geophysics Advisory Panel, National Science Foundation, 2004.
Lianxing Wen Curriculum Vitae (pdf)